Dance, dance revolution!
Meredith Federle, Designer
Today we’re celebrating International Dance Day, since we know dance and/or any kind of motion are great creative energy stimulants for the brain! Getting our “groove” on allows us to use muscles we might not use on a daily basis. Dance/activity builds up both sides of our brain, facilitating better interactions and brainstorming, giving our minds a more well-rounded ability. And at Shelle Design, we’re all about having a well-rounded mind. That might explain why we have been known to break out into dance unexpectedly. Whether it’s Meredith [trying her best to] moonwalk into her office or Marcy breaking into Zumba steps, most of us here have dance fever throughout the year.
- Moonwalk: the dance made famous by the late (and great) Michael Jackson.
- The Hokey Pokey: the first dance we learn as kids (besides the potty dance).
- The Hustle: the dance that put disco on the map.
- The Charleston: the dance of the south!
- The Robot: this dance requires skill, practice makes perfect.